Nothing compares to the terror of violent rape. But victims of rape by fraud suffer debilitating loss of self esteem, problems with trust, fear and humiliation. This crime should not go unpunished or unrecognized! Here are my recommendations for penalty:
SEXUAL ASSAULT BY FRAUD
Class E Felony punishable by 0-4 years of incarceration. The minimum sentence should be as follows:
FIRST OFFENSE (Only)
Sex Offender List: Two Years
Society needs protection from the exploits of the offender. The victim has been sexually assaulted and their psyche will undergo considerable turmoil to recover their dignity and self esteem. A reasonable amount of time in therapy will be two years. The offender should be cognizant of the harm they created for that same period and suffer a loss of face for the period. Therefore, they should be required to register as a sex offender for two years.
- Therapy: The cost for therapy should be borne by the offender for the two year period. A reasonable expense for that therapy would be $20,000.00; therefore, they should pay a fine in the amount of the therapy the victim needs.
- Education: No one can teach another human being to have emotional empathy. It is a condition, and either you have it or you don’t. However, enlightening the offender regarding the laws of “consent” and misuse of the “laws of attraction” will enable them to grasp how they should conduct themselves in the future. The offender should bare the cost of education in the amount of $5,000.
The offender committed a crime, and all crimes are not only committed against the victim, but also, against the state. For the two year period, they should be required to conduct strenuous community service.
Child Support and Custody
No victim of sexual assault by fraud should ever be forced to conduct ongoing contact with their rapist. All cases in which a pregnancy resulted from sexual assault by fraud should require appropriate financial child support by the offender. Full custody should be awarded to the victim and the offender should be granted limited and tightly supervised visitation.
Two to five years of incarceration. Appropriate fines, education and Sex Offender Registry.
- All repeat offenses should be treated as “aggravated.”
- All cases in which the offender committed additional crimes against the victim such as grand theft, credit card fraud, theft by fraud or immigration fraud should be treated as “aggravated.”
You can make a huge difference in the battle to combat romance scams!
- Register today to participate in the launch of Combating Romance Scams, Why Lying to Get Laid Is a Crime! which is coming on or about November 1.
- You may win a FREE Kindle Fire by being one of its first readers and providing one of its first 20 reviews on Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Goodreads.
- Take the language for the Sexual Assault by Fraud or False Pretense Law, and the book, to your local legislators.
- Demand that they enact the law to make a difference in the lives of countless victims!