Addendum: For anyone who missed the airing on Wednesday, here’s the link!
I almost fell off my chair!
After advocating for almost four years to bring sexual assault by fraud out of the darkness…. there’s a prime time light at the end of that cavernous and lonely tunnel!
I was home relaxing and watching tv. Vice President Biden appeared on this week’s Law & Order and the episode was compelling, but it’s what came afterward that was such a shock! The trailer announced that next week’s episode will address, “If someone lies to have sex with you, is it a crime?”
I’m hoping for the best!
- I’m hoping that the writers are aware that CONSENT and AGREEMENT are not the same word, and that consent is “knowledgeable and informed agreement,” not simply “agreement.”
- I hope they understand that even police, prosecutors, judges and victims, themselves, are often confused by this concept.
- I hope those writers realize that ASSENT is “agreement on the face of it” and does not carry the weight of consent. Assenting to sex (which is what happens when you’re fooled) and consenting to sex are not the same.
- I hope those writers realize that any claim to “consent” while treacherously undermining a target’s knowledge and information, is an oxymoron. Consent can’t happen when the victim’s self determination over their reproductive organs is clouded by lies, and that sexual exploitation, not seduction is taking place.
Please comment on the Law and Order Facebook page.
If you miss the show, you can see it through this link.
I’ll be tweeting throughout the show using #LawOrderSexFraud
Together, we can combat romance scams!
Register for your copy of Combating Romance Scams, Why Lying to Get Laid Is a Crime! today! You’ll be notified the minute it’s released.
- Get your copy!
- Write a review!
- Take the Catfish Law to your local legislators to get it passed!
Use this link to register….