76% of the states and territories of the US have NO definition for consent in their penal code. 24% have definitions that poorly define consent and only make prosecution possible in a small amount of cases. Here are the three largest obstructions that keep lawmakers from adopting correct consent laws, right out of their own mouths:
1. “Our laws can’t be changed because minorities do not want expanded penal code. Minorities fear that penal code unfairly penalizes minority males.”
– Solution: Our lawmakers should not be ignoring the defilement of victims because of their poor ability to regulate the justice system. They must fix the justice system, not ignore crime! And, btw, the US Bureau of Justice Statistics tells us that in 63% of rapes against women aged 18 to 24, the offenders are white males.
2. “If sexual assault laws were actually based on consent, our courts would be overrun with sexual assault cases.”
– Solution: Baseless claim. Laws will change people’s behavior.
3. “If we supported adopting consent into our laws, we would lose the constituent base who elected us.”
– Solution: What a sad commentary on the morals of society. Educate your constituents! Our lawmakers must demonstrate what leadership means instead of being pawns to immorality.
Getting down to basics
No one can argue what consent really is…..
FREELY GIVEN, KNOWLEDGEABLE AND
INFORMED AGREEMENT #FGKIA!
No one can argue that sexual conduct without consent is a sexual assault. We need our law makers to stop being driven by the ignorance, greed and the shameful resignation that enables rape to take place day after harm-producing day.
You can make a difference!
If you are hearing my voice, please pick up the phone and tell the candidate you’re voting for:
“I will only vote for you if you make the effort to recognize and enact the accurate definition for CONSENT into law! This is how I spell CONSENT……#F-G-K-I-A!
Please share this TEDx Talk with everyone you know and ask them to do the same! It will open people’s eyes!
Get your PRE-RELEASE PDF today!